Proof Quality 99.9% Pure Silver
Each coin is struck by The Perth Mint from 1oz of 99.9% pure silver in proof quality.
Five Favourite Ballets
The coloured ballet coins combine characters and symbolic imagery representing Don Quixote, The Sleeping Beauty, The Nutcracker, Swan Lake and Cinderella.
- The reverse of the Don Quixote coin depicts Kitri dancing in a marketplace surrounded by imagery of her village and a windmill.
- The reverse of The Sleeping Beauty coin depicts Prince Florimund and Princess Aurora at their wedding surrounded by imagery of thorny ivy and a castle.
- The reverse of The Nutcracker coin depicts Clara dancing with the Nutcracker prince and a winter scene comprising snow covered trees in the background.
- The reverse of the Swan Lake coin depicts the dying swan surrounded by imagery representing a lake in the forest.
- The reverse of the Cinderella coin depicts the heroine dancing with a straw broom and fairytale imagery of pumpkins and a pumpkin carriage.
The reverse of each coin also incorporates The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mintmark.
Tuvalu Legal Tender
Issued as legal tender under the authority of the Government of Tuvalu, each coin depicts the Raphael Maklouf effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the 2010 year-date on the obverse.
No more than 2,500 of these magnificent sets will be released.
Numbered Certificate of Authenticity
Each set is accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
(Please click the Perth Mint for more information)